Skip to content
UNISON is a member-led union, which means that we want our members to be involved in any way they can.
Being involved needn’t take up a lot of your time – here’s twelve ideas for everyday ways to support our work!
- Follow, like and share our Twitter and Facebook pages – keep up to date with what the Branch and the wider union is doing.
- Complete a UNISON survey – in 2020 there were surveys on issues such as equality, hate crime and working from home.
- Use your vote – take part in the democratic processes of UNISON or vote in a pay ballot.
- Become a workplace contact – let us know what’s happening in your workplace so we can be prepared.
- Attend a meeting – our Annual General Meeting this year is on 3 March 2021 and is on line or the first time.
- Become a mentor – if you are steward consider mentoring new stewards who will benefit from your support.
- Become a branch delegate – there are opportunities to be a delegate at various conferences throughout the year including the National Delegate Conference.
- Take part in a branch event – in 2020 we wore red for anti-racism and got our boots out for International Workers’ Memorial Day.
- Sign a petition – in 2020 the Branch highlighted the cut to the union learning fund and UNISON’s petition to stop this.
- Black Lives Matter – join the Branch Black members self-organised group. Suggest unconscious bias training is implemented by your employer.
- Display a poster – supporting quality public services, opposing outsourcing or calling for a pay increase for public sector workers
- Join the UNISON lottery for as little as £1 per month and raise funds for our charity – There for you. You can win up to £1000 and support UNISON members in financial hardship: UNISON lottery supporting There for You | Member support and services | UNISON National